We, as professionals, have a clear conviction that our people (born in the territory of the former USSR) with mother’s milk absorb three skills – to treat, teach and build. Well, seriously, it’s sad and insulting for those who started building a house without a ready project – fixing the mistakes of such a construction is either impossible in principle, or very time-consuming and costly.
Obviously, any construction begins with a design. Ready-made house designs will allow you to reduce a huge amount of time. In other words, every ruble invested in designing or spent on designing a day will save 10 rubles on construction. We designed the house for ourselves in 3 days, with the fact that it was necessary to give the professionals and wait for 2 weeks, multiply the time saved by 10. About 3 months can go to correct mistakes – an uncomfortable staircase, a skewed foundation, no chimney under the fireplace, etc. . Ready-made house designs will solve these problems!
Fortunately, more and more customers realize that it’s better to spend time and money on ready-made house designs than to make a foundation “by eye” or “like a neighbor”. Any construction, including low-rise housing, has its own characteristics and requires specific knowledge and skills. For example, the solution of such a question as the window area in the boiler house is not a creative process, but a mathematical process. There are clear norms in the SNiPe, which regulate this parameter. If you have a toothache, you go to the dentist, and not the oculist, although both are doctors. So here – the design and construction of your house should be entrusted only to those organizations that have relevant, sometimes narrow specialists, they know this and have already proven themselves in the market.
When building individual houses in many cases, it is not at all necessary to order a complete package of project documentation. The most detailed project is required for the production and construction of houses on frame technology (Light Steel Framing Technology and wood-frame (Canadian) technology), as well as for houses from laminated veneer lumber. This is due to the fact that all elements of such buildings are manufactured in the factory with practically engineering accuracy and any deviation from the dimensions provided in the project leads to significant difficulties in the subsequent installation of the house on the construction site.
So, you want to buy a plot and build a house. Where to begin?
1. Make sure that the title documents to the site are in order. Cadastral plan, certificate of ownership, topographical survey of the site.
Decide on the company that will design the house. It is better to entrust this issue to an architectural studio or construction company that has the necessary specialists.
2. Properly sketched design. You can determine the technology in advance, or you can at this stage in the process of communicating with the architect. Often there are situations when a particular technology is economically feasible for a particular technology. For example, if a section is narrow and, correspondingly, a house or an extension along the width should fit in certain frames, it is preferable to build one of the wireframe technologies (to increase the useful area by reducing the thickness of the walls). Designing a house is the fruit of the joint work of the Customer and the architect, and from the Customer in this case we need input data – what kind of premises are needed, what styles in architecture are preferable, the color scale, the type of the roof, etc. It is advisable together with the architect to go to the site to clarify the orientation of the position of the house around the world.
3. Design of foundations. Stage . An extremely important stage, without which construction becomes a lottery. What type of foundation to choose, what should be the armature and the width of the ribbon, do you need an armpole, what is the load per square meter? The answers to all these questions are given by the draft foundation.
4. Geological survey. The purpose of this stage is to determine the bearing capacity of the soil, that is, how many tons per square meter it is capable of holding this soil. There are two ways here: the first fastest, but not quite correct, type of soil is determined by what is called “by eye”, based on the state of the neighboring structures or geology of the nearest sites. The second way is geological exploration. Soil samples are taken, and after the laboratory tests an opinion is prepared on its bearing capacity.
5. Calculation of the cost of construction. Only after drawing up a detailed estimate (which in turn is possible only if there is a house project and a foundation project), one can say how much construction will cost. This figure has nothing to do with the phrases “how much does your square meter cost”, for the simple reason that this is a concrete house with its own specifics, with concrete roofing materials, with the height of the floor that you need, with terraces or without and . Only this figure can be considered a construction budget, you can orient to it. If someone tells you that I will build such a house for a million (two million, five million – the right thing to emphasize) – do not believe it.
6. Obtaining technical specifications. These activities can be carried out both at the first stages, and in the process of construction or even after the construction of the house. The only thing that we will note – without reception of technical conditions is impossible official connection to the water drain, a waterpipe and the electric power. If you do not have time and desire to engage in obtaining technical conditions – you can entrust specialized companies or our specialists.
The following measures may also be required: departure to the site in order to determine the possibility of access to heavy construction equipment and the possibility of a truck crane. In difficult conditions, it may be necessary to abandon the slabs and use overlapping monolithic ones. In this case, it is necessary to determine the installation point of the concrete pump.
Similarly, if the design of the house is in reference to a particular site, it will be necessary to determine whether the house fits into the existing urban development standards. Otherwise (if we violate the norms of indentation from neighboring sites) there will be difficulties with commissioning the facility.
In case you are going to get a building permit before the construction starts – you will need to make a project passport for submission to the architecture. In case you are going to get a building permit before the construction starts – you will need to make a project passport for submission to the architecture. If necessary, our specialists can solve these issues – from obtaining permission to construction and commissioning.