We often hear from our commercial clients when they are looking for additional workspace but delivered as quickly as possible to fulfil an urgent need. We’ve taken the brief for a fully functioning office and designed a Pod Space building, ready to go and without the need to factor in design time. We’ve included all the usual hallmarks of smart, contemporary Pod Space design and in a configuration that’s easy to install as a modular system.
With speed of design and fast site installation times with minimal disruption, this could be just the right choice for clients where a quick turnaround is critical to the success of the project.
The interior features separate spaces for desk working, open plan meeting and smaller areas for washroom and kitchen facilities as well as entrance and storage. Every space links ergonomically to the next for maximum efficiency and our designers have ensured that no area is without natural light from full height glazing. We can still customise the building to allow for altered dimensions or alternative cladding or window/ door positions.
The eco benefits don’t end with the lower operating costs and reduced carbon footprint of a modular construction, if your building needs to be relocated to another site, we can also factor this into the construction. When it comes to the planning application, we have a long history of successful applications as we can address issues critical to planning policy such as impact on the wider environment and immediate locality.
– Robust engineered hybrid structural steel and FSC timber framework at the core designed to commercial loadings.
– Designed to last a lifetime with longevity and feel to match that of a traditional build.
– Entrance area with storage, kitchen area and modern w.c provision.
– Full height glazing with contemporary aluminium slimline frames (colour options available).
– Commercial grade slimline entrance door, which can be fitted with access control.
– Exceptionally airtight buildings with controllable natural ventilation providing comfortable working environment.
– Meeting room with near-seamless glass frontage and optional internal acoustic feature wall. Options include internal blinds, enhanced acoustic performance and glazing with customised manifestations.
– Multilayer walls, floor and roof incorporating high levels of thermal and acoustic insulation.
– A variety of low maintenance cladding options and colours available.
– Optional projecting canopy providing solar shading with recessed soffit lighting.
– Energy efficient Air Source Heat Pumps provide climate controlled heating and cooling as standard. Options for Photo Voltaic (PV) and energy efficient heating and cooling with option for heating, ventilation and heat recovery (HVAC) systems which have the option to be linked back to the existing building management system.
– Optional acoustic ceilings with high levels of sound absorption.
– High quality commercial grade flooring options with lasting performance and low maintenance.
– Modern well-lit office environment utilising high levels of daylight. Lighting to ‘workplace safety and welfare’ regulations that can be designed to meet your requirements.
Concealed gutter and modern zinc coated downpipes.